Orlando Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
Serious accidents often strike with enough force to cause serious injury to the brain. Car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, physical assaults, sports injuries, and workplace accidents are just some of the many types of incidents that can cause injury to the brain, leaving victims vulnerable to a host of complications with their abilities to think, communicate, interact with others, or care for themselves. The aftermath of an accident involving a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have a number of social, psychological, and physical consequences, making TBI the number one cause of disability in the United States.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
The brain is highly vulnerable to injury when a person endures significant outside force from either striking the ground or another object. Brain injuries affect more than 1.7 million people in the U.S. each year.
Medical professionals have identified five types of traumatic brain injury:
- Concussion: As the most common type of brain injury, concussions result when the brain strikes the inside of the skull. Concussions are caused by either a direct blow to the head with an object or from a whiplash injury.
- Coup-Contrecoup: Coup-contrecoup injuries occur when the force of an accident is strong enough to cause the brain to hit both sides of the skull, leaving two injury sites directly opposite one another.
- Contusion: Contusions are areas of bruising or bleeding that occur on the brain after an impact. Contusions generally require surgery to remove.
- Penetration: Penetration injuries occur when an object passes through the skull and into the soft tissue of the brain.
- Diffuse Axonal: This type of trauma results from a violent rotating or shaking of the head. Diffuse axonal injury is a major cause of persistent vegetative state after a head trauma.
Experienced, Compassionate Legal Aid for TBI Victims
From minor concussions to highly damaging penetration injuries, all head traumas are serious and require prompt medical attention. If you have accumulated medical bills after an accident caused by another person’s negligence, there is no time to waste in speaking with an Orlando traumatic brain injury attorney at Todd Miner Law about your case.
We may be able to help you pursue compensation for some of the following damages:
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
While no amount of money can ever undo the damage caused by a traumatic brain injury, you have every right to seek justice by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent parties responsible for your accident. Allow our Orlando personal injury lawyer, Todd Miner, to advocate for you during this trying time. Backed by more than 24 years of legal experience from both sides of the law, our firm has what it takes to fight tenaciously for your best interests.