Orlando Birth Injury Lawyer
If your baby was injured at birth and you suspect that doctor negligence played a role, do not delay in contacting Todd Miner Law. With decades of combined legal experience handling a variety of personal injury cases, our Orlando birth injury attorneys know how to hold negligent doctors accountable for their failure to meet their duty of care.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- Hundreds of millions of dollars recovered for clients
- No attorney fees unless we win your case
- More than 50 years of combined legal experience
- Both lawyers have achieved AV®Preeminent™ ratings with Martindale-Hubbell®
For a free case evaluation, please contact our firm.
Types of Birth Injuries
Obstetrical doctors and nurses are trained to look for signs of fetal distress during labor and delivery, and to act quickly when they are identified in order to avoid injuring the baby and mother. Failure to identify and respond to these signs can result in a devastating and preventable birth injury with lifelong consequences. Similarly, improper use of birth-assisting tools such as vacuum extractors and forceps, or improper use of birth-assisting drugs like Pitocin, can also cause lasting harm to a baby. If you believe your child’s birth injury resulted from the error of a healthcare professional or hospital, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice claim.
Doctor negligence can result in the following preventable birth injuries:
- Cerebral palsy, resulting in permanent damage to movement, posture, and muscle tone
- Cephalohematoma, resulting in bleeding beneath an infant’s scalp
- Caput succedaneum, a swelling of the newborn’s scalp caused by prolonged pressure during birth
- Brachial plexus injuries, affecting the nerves of the shoulder, arm, and hand
- Brain injuries, resulting from a lack of oxygen to the baby
- Bone fractures, caused by excessive and overly-forceful pulling during delivery
- Fetal stroke, resulting from birth asphyxia
- Spinal cord injury, often resulting from a missed diagnosis of spina bifida
- Facial paralysis, in which excessive pressure damages a baby’s facial nerves
Birth injuries can result in lifelong physical and cognitive disability, which can have a huge impact on not just the victim, but their family as well. Expensive, ongoing medical treatment may be required throughout the child’s life. As the child grows, they may require caregivers and other resources to accommodate their special needs. Parents may have to give up their jobs in order to provide full-time care to the child. With so many financial burdens, it is important to take legal action to hold negligent doctors accountable for their error.
Request a Free Consultation
It is important that you take immediate action if you suspect you have a claim in order to protect your right to legal recourse. If you wait too long and the statute of limitations expires, you may be forever barred from bringing a claim.
Todd Miner Law stands ready to assist you during this difficult time. To speak with an Orlando lawyer about your potential case and your legal options, please call (407) 269-5877. Initial consultations are provided free of charge.