Orlando, Florida, one of the top family vacation locations in the world,
is the number one unsafe city in the United States for drivers. In 2011, reported
fatal accidents in Orlando numbered 27 and involved 39 cars. The total fatality count
reached 31. Three of the drivers causing a fatal accident were driving
while drunk. Fifty-three people were involved in the fatalities, of which
12 were pedestrians.
Fatal accidents in Orange County, Florida average 148 including those that
occur in the City of Orlando. In addition, dozens of non-fatal car crashes
happen each day that cause traffic congestion, property damage, and personal
injury. Many are unfamiliar with the roadways and are easily distracted
while looking for the right place to make a turn.
Others are driving rental cars that have controls that they are unfamiliar
with. Others are distracted while getting directions on their cell phones
or trying to read directions on their GPS unit. Confusion in the car with
several people talking at once or giving directions adds to distractions
that may cause
Safe Driving Tips
- Speed limits exist for a reason; do not exceed them.
- Slow moving traffic creates hazards. If you drive below the posted speed
limit, stay in the right hand lane.
- Never drink alcohol and then drive.
- Designate a person to be the “navigator.”
- Map your route before beginning your road trip.
- Study your route before leaving.
- Have the navigator responsible for listening to and reading a GPS unit.
- Never exceed the number of passengers your car is rated for occupancy.
- Have a thorough auto safety inspection before you begin your road trip.
Todd Miner is an experienced and expert auto accident lawyer who takes
cases throughout Orange County and surrounding areas. If you or a loved
one suffered an injury or fatality due to a car crash, make sure all legal
rights are protected. Contact Todd Miner Law for a
free case evaluation. There is never a fee unless Todd wins your case.