Florida Wrongful Death Lawyer
Accidents and oversights happen every day. At best, the people involved learn a valuable lesson without suffering serious harm. At worst, the results are tragic. Thousands of Americans are killed every year in preventable accidents caused by recklessness or negligence.
At the offices of Florida wrongful death lawyer Todd Miner, we understand how difficult it is for families to cope with the loss of a loved one. The threat of financial devastation due to medical bills, loss of income, and funeral expenses can only compound the stress and pain of grieving. To learn about the legal services we offer to grieving families, call our offices at 407-420-4040.
The Florida Wrongful Death Act
Florida law clearly states that when a person causes wrongful death through negligence or abuse, that person should be responsible for expenses related to the death. A skilled Florida wrongful death lawyer can help you understand this statute and how it applies to your situation.
The survivors who can benefit from a wrongful death suit include the deceased’s:
- Minor children (under age 25)
- Dependent blood relatives
The damages that can be awarded to survivors include:
- Compensation for support the survivor would have received from the deceased
- Loss of companionship (for spouse, parents, minor children if spouse is still alive, and all children if the spouse is deceased)
- Medical and/or funeral expenses to a survivor who has paid for them
Contact a Florida Wrongful Death Lawyer
To learn more about negligence and Florida law, contact the offices of Florida wrongful death lawyer Todd Miner by calling 407-420-4040.